10 Tangle-Free Workout Ideas for Your New iPhone 7
Wednesday’s Apple announcement revealed that the iPhone 7 will have new cameras, water resistance, stereo speakers, longer battery life….and no headphone jack.
The near ubiquitous sight of exercisers listening to music on their corded headphones will soon be a thing of the past, as the new iPhone style will likely push users to Bluetooth technology.
Reactions to the headphone-less model have been mixed, but here at Reebok we’re embracing the new technology. Now gym-goers can perform a variety of functional fitness exercises that were previously too cumbersome to execute while trying to keep headphones intact.
Make the gym your first stop after picking up your new iPhone 7. Tuck your phone into your shorts and crush your tangle-free workout with these 10 exercises.
1. Burpees – Begin in a standing position, drop into a squat position with both hands on the ground, kick both feet back into a plank position, return to the squat position and then jump up from the squat position to standing.
2. Handstand Push-Ups – Raise legs above your head in a handstand position. Lean legs against the wall for support and bend arms to lower into a push-up and back up again.
3. Knee Raises – Hang from bar and use your abdominal muscles to lift knees to your chest and back down.
4. V-Ups – Lie on the floor with your legs extended and arms reaching above your head and use abdominal muscles to raise hands and feet together at the same time while keeping arms and legs straight, and then slowly return to starting position.
5. Partner Russian Twist – Stand back-to-back with your partner and pass a medicine ball back and forth, twisting your torso to pass the ball from side to side.
6. Medicine Ball Slams – Stand with feet shoulder width apart and holding medicine ball above your head and slam the ball into the ground in front of you.
7. Pull-Ups – Use both hands to hang from bar and pull yourself up so that your chin meets the bar.
8. Turkish Get-Ups – Lie on the ground holding a kettlebell, push it above your head with one arm, raise your body to a standing position using your arm and legs while holding the kettlebell above your head.
9. Walking Handstand – Raise your legs above your head to a handstand position and use arms to walk across ground.
10. Dumbbell Snatch – Stand with knees bent and feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart while holding handle of a dumbbell resting on the floor between your feet. Quickly pull the dumbbell upward and rotate your elbow beneath the dumbbell while extending it toward the ceiling before lowering the weight back down.